The Series 8500 is a range of high power fully automated test systems designed for testing the performance characteristics of Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage batteries under real world conditions. This high specification system is designed with the capability to allow the electrical energy produced during discharge to be returned to the electrical grid. Applications include testing of EV, HEV, PHEV batteries of all chemistries; energy storage batteries; super capacitors; and other high power energy storage devices.
With channel ratings as high as 500 Volts and 1000 Amps, the Series 8500 is the perfect instrument in your toolbox for high power applications. Using Maccor’s Standard Full Feature Test Software, the Series 8500 is the most powerful test system you will own. Perform virtually any type of test (FUDS, SFUDS, DST, HPPC, etc) on any type of energy storage device (batteries, battery packs, super-capacitors, fuel cells, etc.). The Series 8500 comes standard with the high level accuracy, resolution, and dependability satisfied Maccor customers expect.
The Series 8500 is supplied as a complete turnkey system consisting of a test cabinet(s), computer, tester software, and data analysis software. The test cabinet, with a distributed architecture, is connected to the tester PC via an Ethernet communications network.
To provide maximum flexibility and speed of operation, single board computer controllers within the test cabinet provide control of the tests and collect the initial data. Each controller supports from one to eight test channels, dependent on the application. In addition, the test cabinet contains the individually controlled electronic loads, and power supplies for charging purposes.
Each test channel is operated independently. This allows different tests to be performed on different test channels simultaneously, with tests being started independently, or in a block. Once started, tests operate completely automatically until the appropriate test end condition is reached.
With B2G technology, battery energy is recycled to the AC grid in Discharge
- Test channels operate independently of the other positions
- Easily programmable to run a wide range of multiple step tests
- Operate in steps in any combination of fixed current, power, or voltage
- Record data at operator specified intervals of time, voltage, current, etc.
- Delivered calibrated to NIST traceable standards, and requires calibration only once per year
- Automatic scaling of W/kg for FUDS, SFUDS, DST, and other driving simulation test protocols
- Capability for Importing Test Step Table: Allows an ASCII text file containing a table (list) of constant current or power values at fixed or specified intervals to be executed as a test step. The values in the table can be automatically scaled for W/kg or C rate
- CAN, I2C, SMBus capability